Skip to content Skip to footer

Outdoor Service at St Nicholas Church Huts 1950s

1955

About this memory

Built sometime in the 1950s, these Huts were built across the road from the Church to accommodate the large and growing congregation of both Adults and children.
These Huts came from Orkney possibly linked to the Rev. Dick who was from Wick.( thanks to Maureen Samuel for this info.)

All the various groups such as the Guides/Brownies/ Band of Hope, Scripture Union and Sunday School were held in these buildings.
Miss McDowell was involved with the Bible Class, Mr Cooper ran the Band of Hope and Mr Kinghorn and Mr Lamb led the Boys Brigade.

Following the building of the new Church in the late 1950s, the Huts were demolished.

Categories

Location

Wester Hailes Road/Calder Road Junction, Wester Hailes

Latest comments