About this memory
George Chambers Wilson.
George Chambers Wilson was clerk at Drybourgh's Brewery off Duddingston Road West.
The Drybrough family had been brewing in Edinburgh since 1750. In 1892 the brewery in Duddingston/Craigmillar was opened. The business was taken over in the 1960s and the 1980s - production ended in 1987. The building is listed and remains still.
Donor number: 0462-010