About this memory
Situated at the top of Wester Hailes Road at its junction with Calder Road.
The Church was only completed in 1957/8 replacing a Wooden hut which had been there since 1939.
The empty space opposite had been the site of the cottages for the workers of Sighthill farm and the Wooden overflow Huts for churchgoers were built on the site. The plot remained undeveloped following their demolition.
The farm house was situated across the Calder Road from the Church.
Thanks to A Mann for the use of the photo.
Wester Hailes and Sighthill, Sighthill