Skip to content Skip to footer

The Pre-War Estates of Parkhead and Sighthill Edinburgh.

1940

Located about 4 miles (6.4 km) south-west of the city centre, the area was built in 1930s and 40s and contains low-rise houses, mainly in the cottage flat (four-in-a-block) format.
Parkhead stretches from the Longstone Road to Sighthill Avenue and was started in the early 1930s.
The Sighthill estate goes from Sighthill Avenue to the Wester Hailes Road and began in the late 1930s, being completed in 1946.
Once surrounded by fields it is now locked in by housing built in the late 1940s (Broomhouse) and houses built from the 1970s onwards.

Categories

Location

Parkead and Sighthill estates, Sighthill , Sighthill

Latest comments