Skip to content Skip to footer

The original Boat House on the Union Canal at Sighthill 1950

1950

About this memory

Situated about 400yards south of the Canal Bridge which carried the old Calder Road

It was owned by Mr Wright and his son and originally incorporated stables for the Canal horses.

Behind the tree on the left was the Police House, where Mr Mackenzie lived.

Thanks to Russ Keith for the photo.

Categories

Location

Sighthill, Sighthill

Latest comments