About this memory
Princes Street Gardens were established on the site of the Nor' Loch which was drained during the C18. The park was originally for the exclusive use of the residents of Princes Street, but was opened to the public in 1876. The gardens contain various statues of notable figures, as well as the Ross fountain and bandstand and the famous floral clock.
Princes Street, Edinburgh