About this memory
Gideon Walker (front right) and Allan Walker (back middle). The man front-left was called Thomson; the man back-right was called Cunningham.
The mill was run by Gideon Walker. His initials (GW) can be partly seen on the sack that Thomson and himself are sitting on. The sack contained 'wood flour' - sawdust.
The mill was rebuilt in 1802 - on the left can be seen the stone arch of the previous building.
Gideon and Allan were the grandfather and father of Lawrence Walker.
Donor number: 0107-028