Knife-grinder's cart, Bruntsfield

1946

About this memory

Bruntsfield is a residential district in the south of Edinburgh. Its name, somewhat corrupted over time, derives from the 14th century estate owners, the Broune family. The original estate actually lay immediately to the east of modern day Bruntsfield in the area now referred to as Marchmont. Bruntsfield House was incorporated into the grounds of James Gillespie's High School in the 1960s.

Author or artist: S. G. Jackman

Latest comments