About this memory
The Wilson sisters in the drawing room at South Bantaskine. Jane, the sister playing the harp, gave musical recitals at Falkirk Town Hall.
"Almost all these photographs [see others in this collection] are in the album given by John Wilson to each daughter on her marriage. South Bantaskine was originally a mining estate, but careful management by John Wilson turned it into a beautiful wooded estate.
"The new house was built in 1862, but on the death of Mary Wilson, the last sister to live there, [it] was sold to the Coal Board. The walled garden was very fine and features in 'Scottish Gardens' about 1910." - Victoria Irvine 
Donor number: 0207-010
Falkirk, South Bantaskine