About this memory
John Lawrie, the coachman, and Ian Gillan.
"The stables at South Bantaskine. The small boy became minister at St Columba's, London, and at Fairmilehead, Edinburgh.
"Almost all these photographs [see others in this collection] are in the album given by John Wilson to each daughter on her marriage. South Bantaskine was originally a mining estate, but careful management by John Wilson turned it into a beautiful wooded estate.
"The new house was built in 1862, but on the death of Mary Wilson, the last sister to live there, [it] was sold to the Coal Board. The walled garden was very fine and features in 'Scottish Gardens' about 1910." - Victoria Irvine 
Donor number: 0207-012
Falkirk, South Bantaskine